When people hear about casino card games, the first thing they think about is poker. And this is not surprising, since poker has been the most popular category of card games for many decades. However, by playing only poker, you are missing out on many other card games with fun gameplay and interesting rules. These games include Jacks-or-Better, Blackjack and Baccarat. In today’s article, we will focus on Baccarat. You will learn what this game is, how to start playing, casino Baccarat rules for player, dealing rules and much more. Let’s start!
Baccarat is one of the table games, because according to the rules of the game, players do not play against each other, but against the dealer. The rules for the player are quite simple: at the beginning of the round, you must place a bet on which hand will be stronger, the player or the dealer. After betting, the dealer draws two cards face up on the table for the players’ side and two cards face up for the dealer’s side. All players get paid in accordance with their bets. Baccarat games are very fast, fun and totally depend on your luck.
Baccarat dealing rules
The casino dealer’s job is much more difficult than you might think. You should perfectly know all the rules, maintain the appropriate atmosphere at the table, not make mistakes and be able to lead the game correctly. If you are going to work as a dealer in a casino, or just want to play card games with friends, then here are the detailed Baccarat rules:
- The casino Baccarat rules of the game are automatic, so you do not need to consult with the players about their decision.
- At the beginning of the round, wait for all players to place their bets.
- If you are playing with friends, make sure everyone places a bet and remind those who forgot to do so.
- After the bets, deal two cards for the player and for the banker.
- If a player or banker has a total of 8 or 9, they both stand.
- Player with total 6 or 7 stands.
- If the player stands, the banker hits with a total of 5 or less.
- If the player has a total of 5 or less, the player hits and you deal the third card to the player.
- After that, all players receive winnings depending on their bets.
It may sound difficult, but after 5-10 games you will quickly get used to and be able to deal cards quickly and error-free.
Mini Baccarat 3D rules
A popular type of Baccarat is 3D mini Baccarat. This is a smaller version of the game, which is popular in local casino clubs, in games with friends and among Asian gamblers. The main difference from regular Baccarat is less bets and less table. General rules of the casino Baccarat rules do not differ from 3D mini Baccarat rules of play:
- Each player bets on the banker, player or tie.
- Dealer draws 4 cards: 2 for the player and two for the banker.
- Cards 2-9 have a value according to their number.
- Cards 10, Jack, Queen, King have value 0.
- Ace card has value 1.
- The dealer counts the hands and the players get paid according to their bets.
- The round ends.
Mini Baccarat is played faster, so many people prefer this version of the game. Here you will have to wait less for the decision of other players and the overall bets are also much lower.